As the name suggests, Hospital dentistry involves providing dental services in a hospital setting. In certain cases, patients require general anesthesia to receive traditional dental care. In such a case, a hospital setting with presence of a licensed Anesthesiologist, proper staff and equipment provides a compassionate, efficient alternative.
- Special needs Children may be unable to complete standard dental regimens on their own or may feel heightened anxiety about the responsibility.
- Children with Complex medical conditions – In some cases, dental needs and medical problems may be intertwined, requiring the presence of both a medical doctor and a dentist.
- Children who are medically compromised have no time to maintain a rigorous dental schedule in addition to their other medical treatments
- Physical limitations- these patients may be unable to travel outside of the hospital setting in order to receive treatment.
- Children who are dental phobic and need anesthesia that cannot be achieved in-office setting.
Dr. Baliga has received training specifically in hospital dentistry through hospital-based residency program. She has worked in hospital cases in her previous positions too. This combination of experience and education enables her to understand the complexities of her patients’ needs and health goals.
If hospital dentistry is needed, we will help you make the needed arrangements and assist with paperwork. If you have any questions about hospital dentistry or think that it may be necessary for you or for someone you love, please contact us.